Services / Brake Service
How it's done:
- Remove contaminated brake fluid.
- Add new brake fluid.
- Clean any surfaces where brake fluid is present.
- Check for fluid leaks.
- Inspect brake pads, rotors, and lines.
Brake fluid maintenance is essential for optimal brake performance.Brakes will not function without brake fluid. When you press the brake pedal, brake fluid makes the brake pads rub against the rotors, causing your car to slow and stop. Naturally, the brake fluid absorbs air and moisture from the atmosphere and gets contaminated, significantly reducing braking efficiency. Flushing brake fluid removes the existing fluids and replaces it with clean brake fluid.
- Follow manufacturer-provided service maintenance schedule.
- Change brake fluid every 50,000 miles or 36 months.
What are the common symptoms indicating you need to service the battery/cables?
- Brakes are not responding normally.