Power Steering Service
Services / Power Steering Service
How it's done:
- Drain the power steering reservoir.
- Refill with the new hydraulic fluid.
- Bleed the power steering system.
- Clean up any residual fluid.
- Test operation of power steering.
- Check for any power steering leaks.
The power steering system is what allows you to turn the steering wheel with ease. The power steering hydraulic system moves steering fluid through the system which is pressurized by the power steering pump and a number of interworking components. As these components wear, metal particles will contaminate the fluid, which will cause seals in the system to leak and parts to fail.
Consider getting a power steering flush once every 3-4 years.
What are the common symptoms indicating you need to replace the power steering fluid?
- Groaning noises.
- Difficulty turning the steering wheel.
- Contaminated fluid (brown/black).