Services / Radiator/Cooling Service
How it's done:
- Install flush chemical to the radiator.
- Run vehicle to obtain operational temperature.
- Remove used coolant.
- Close valve and refill with water, remove and repeat.
- Fill radiator with a 50/50 mixture of coolant and water.
- Check system for leaks and fan operation.
Your car’s internal cooling system is what prevents it from overheating. It functions by moving a blend of coolant and water throughout the engine. Scale and rust will naturally occur over time, contaminating the coolant mixture. As a build-up of this would damage the engine, a cooling system flush clears out the entire system of contaminants and replaces it with a fresh coolant and water mixture.
- Follow manufacturer-provided service maintenance schedule.
- Change coolant every 40,000-50,000 miles.
What are the common symptoms indicating you need to flush the cooling system?
- Low Coolant warning light (not all vehicles are equipped with this.)
- Check Engine warning light
- Engine is overheating