Services / Transmission Service
How it's done:
- Transmission fluid is drained.
- Install new pan gasket and filter (Only in automatics when replaceable.)
- New transmission fluid is replaced.
- Your vehicle is checked for leaks.
- Test drive the vehicle.
Transmission fluid helps cool and lubricate the parts inside your vehicle’s transmission. The transmission is responsible for transferring power from the engine to your car’s wheels. Manual and Automatic transmission cars are configured differently but the absolute need for lubrication is the same.
- Follow manufacturer-provided service maintenance schedule.
- A conservative guideline is to get a transmission fluid service every 40,000 miles.
What are the common symptoms indicating you need to replace the transmission fluid?
- Vehicle stalls on steep inclines.
- Transmission is making noise.
- Check Engine Light is on.
- Vehicle is struggling to shift between gears.